[UFO Chicago] Was There A Meeting Tonight?

Jay F Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Mon Apr 15 12:49:42 PDT 2013

Centuries ago, Nostradamus predicted that James L. Mazurek would write on Mon Apr 15 03:15:15 2013:

> Hello Jay,
>
> I'm sorry you sat by yourself at the Golden Nugget.  Since no one is
> currently announcing UFO meetings on the list it is probably a good
> idea if one plans to attend a meeting to post an inquiry to the list
> prior to the meeting.  I will usually attend if I know that there
> will be at least one other person present provided I have a little
> advance notice.
>
> In other news, after frequently reocurring bad service experiences
> we have stopped meeting at the Golden Nugget at 4229 W. Irving Park
> Rd.  After careful study, the Golden Nugget at 3234 W. Irving Park
> Rd. will be our new meeting location.  Meeting days and times are:
> 2nd Sundays at 7 PM until 11 PM and 4th Tuesdays at 8 PM until 11 PM.

The new meeting location is better for me, because it is only one bus
ride away from my home instead of two bus rides.  I think it is also
slightly better for Brian but I'm not sure.  It probably makes no
difference to Neil or Stephan who have to come in from distant suburbs
no matter what.  It is, alas, worse for you; the old meeting location
was very close to where you live.  I hope the change in location will
not keep you from attending UFO meetings.

The ufo website will have to be updated.  At the moment the home page
on http://ufo.chicago.il.us still states that the meetings are held at
4229 West Irving Park Road, Chicago IL.  The entire directions page
(http://ufo.chicago.il.us/aw.cgi?main=directions.rfk) will also have
to be updated.  I would volunteer to do it myself, if I had access to
the webserver, but I have not.

Whoever is going to update the website, you should also take a moment
to update the copyright information, which indicates, on each page, a
copyright of 1996-2006.  Since all the pages except for the home page
seem to be produced by aw.cgi, you could just modify the cgi script to
calculate the upper bound of that range dynamically, and then you
wouldn't have to update the copyright information every year.  I do
something similar on my own website, except that on my website the
page names end in .html (but they are nevertheless dynamic content,
due to an "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .htm .html" in my
apache configuration file).  The copyright information is calculated
dynamically:

  Copyright &#169 <?php print date('Y') ?>

and does not have to be updated every year.

> -Jim Mazurek

			Jay F. Shachter
			6424 N Whipple St
			Chicago IL  60645-4111
				(1-773)7613784   landline
				(1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
				jay at m5.chicago.il.us
				http://m5.chicago.il.us

			"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"