[UFO Chicago] syncing multiple workstations to one master

Calvin Pryor calvinpryor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:56:04 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Jesse Becker <jesse_becker at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ah, You're using LTSP--I didn't know that using that before my last email.
>  That actually makes things a bit simpler, so far as package distribution
> goes.

We haven't actually built the lab yet.

First question is do we use the 12 (or so) boxes as clients ? Or install a
full blown OS on each box ?

Whatever we decide to install, the existing g/PXE boot server will make
quick work of it.

Clients would require a beefy server to connect to. Full blown OSes would
require lots of management, unless we use some of the tools suggested.

Next question is, if we use the boxes as clients, to we connect to LTSP or
VMs ?

Probably woulda helped if I started the question like this.......I'm
pleading the fifth...on what grounds I don't know , but I'll think of
something good.