[UFO Chicago] syncing multiple workstations to one master

Jesse Becker jesse_becker at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 13:46:38 PDT 2011

Ah, You're using LTSP--I didn't know that using that before my last email.  That actually makes things a bit simpler, so far as package distribution goes.
With LTSP, installing something on the master node should propagate to the clients.  I'm not familiar with running LTPS specifically, but there should be some way of doing this.  A *really* quick scan of the LTSP docs indicates that the clients use a chroot envrionment, so installing something into that chroot should be the same as pushing it to the clients.
I'll note, however, that the usual package management rules don't apply so well in circumstances like this.  So while all the mumbo-jumbo in my other email is valid, it may not apply in your case.

--

Jesse Becker