[UFO Chicago] Announcing the first North America Druid (Open Source Unified Communications) Meetups happening Chicago 22 May 2008

Ming Yong ming at voiceroute.net
Wed May 14 12:40:31 PDT 2008

Hi all Chicago Linux users,

There will be a meetup on Druid, an open source unified communications
project based on Linux CentOS & Asterisk happening in Chicago on 22 May 2008
(6-9pm CST).

Druid Chicago Meetup
Sign up at http://druidchicago.eventbrite.com
22 May 2008, 6pm-9pm CST
Location:
Seiu73.org Offices
300 S Ashland Ave,Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60607
Organized by Druid User (Rajeev Varkey of Seiu73.org)

Druid (http://www.voiceroute.org) is the world's leading Open Source Unified
IP Communications application that unifies plug and play IP telephony,
Instant Messaging, mobile phone, faxing and other communications media in an
easy to deploy and useful platform.

Druid is a php application with many other components including asterisk,
Jabber server (jabber2), IMAP server etc. For more information about Druid,
please check out our project site
http://www.voiceroute.org

Druid Meetups are basically fun demo sessions of Druid (Open Source Edition
& Unified Communications Server). Come and meet other Druid and asterisk
users who are using Druid for enterprise communications deployments. Come
join us for free pizzas and win goodies like
Blackberry Curve 8320, free copies of Druid UCS!

For our first meetups, we have the below cool stuff we will be demoing
third party integrations with Druid & Asterisk using the Druid SOAP API and
how people can develop third party apps
- Google Android Mobile application that talks to Druid & Asterisk to
get user call records like missed calls on the mobile
- How to do click to call to any independent SugarCRM server
- Tutorial on developing your own third party telephony CTI vertical
applications related to Asterisk & Druid

Please join us by signing up free at the eventbrite URL above. If you have
any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at ming at voiceroute.net

This event is sponsored by
Voiceroute (http://www.voiceroute.net) is a communications software and
services company behind the world's leading open source unified
communications project, Druid Open Source Edition.

-- =

Ming Yong
CEO, www.voiceroute.org
Druid - Open Source Unified Communications
DID: +1-866-915-2407 ext 301
SIP/email: ming at voiceroute.net