[UFO Chicago] Wanted, Dead or Alive: PHP/Drupal programmers

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sun May 18 18:04:26 PDT 2008

(OK, alive would be preferable.)

Obligatory businessy description:

Palantir.net is looking for PHP programmers to join its growing team.
Palantir is one of the oldest web development shops in Chicago, dating back
to 1996.  We develop customized web sites and web applications for a variety
of organizations, especially non-profit and cultural institutions.  We
develop primarily using the Drupal open source Content Management Platform,
and are looking for skilled programmers to join our team in our Chicago
office.

The full rundown, and where to apply:

http://palantir.net/careers/programmer

Informal description:

So we've just moved into a brand new office in west Lincoln Park so that we
have room to expand, which is good because we have enough work to keep
everyone busy and then some.  Palantir is a family company, and a great place
to work.  (I've been here for 2.5 years now.)  The working environment
includes a chalkboard wall, company issue Nerf guns, and a puppy.  Oh yeah,
and all the stuff you need to get actual work done, too.

Palantir is primarily an open source company.  As a programmer, 90% or better
of your job would involve working with Drupal, the leading open source
content management platform on the web.  We strive to be good open source
citizens, too, contributing back to the community both in code and in other
ways, such as hosting design sprints for developers and sponsoring the recent
DrupalCon developers conference in Boston.  Palantir's team includes several
high-profile names in the Drupal world as well.  If you want to get paid to
work with and on a major open source project, this is the place to be.  We're
open to people already experienced with Drupal as well as those new to the
community.

We are looking for full time on-site programmers, but are open to summer
interns as well.  If you have questions, contact me off-list.  To apply, see
the link above.

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012