[UFO Chicago] Thank You Larry

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Sun Nov 26 13:50:21 PST 2006

robert houlihan wrote:
> Hi Larry and thanks for the invitatation, However I am
> from Galesburg and wont be able to make the meetings.
> However I would like to know  how the register my
> nickname so I can appair on the ufo-chicago chat
> channel. Information as how to regester ones nickname
> on the slashnet irc seemed kind of sckechey at best. I
> would like instructions how to do so in plain english.

Rob --

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone hangs out on the ufo-channel any
longer.  Another great Illinois group--LUNI (Linux Users of Northern
Illinois)--has an active IRC channel that you might try.  The details
are on their homepage at luni.org.

But you can also pose questions here on the list.  I have 5+ years of
experience with FreeBSD that I can offer, and since many open source
packages are similar regardless of platform, I'm sure others can help if
you ask.

And if you're ever in Chicago -- please stop in to one of our meetings!
  All ages are welcome.

Thanks,