[UFO Chicago] D'Oh

Eric Ellington e.ellington at gmail.com
Wed May 24 12:15:25 PDT 2006

Hello,

This is my first time posting to this list so hello all.

If all hope is lost the following has worked for me…

I have had mixed success freezing drives. You can put it in a baggie
and let it freeze for a good couple of hours. Sometimes it will work
long enough to get the data off.

Also, if the drive has been spinning 24x7 like in a DVR HDs tend to
lock up if the power was killed because some careless coworker has
unplugged the systems. Usually a good wack on a table and then
spinning the drive like a top has worked for me in the past.

--
Eric Ellington
e.ellington at gmail.com