[UFO Chicago] The recruiter replies... and he's PISSED (was [Fwd: RE: [UFO Chicago] Job Opportunity: Sun Solaris System Engineer needed in Schaumburg, IL])

d.w. harks dave at psys.org
Thu Mar 23 06:52:07 PST 2006

With carefully-arranged electrons, Christopher D. Heer wrote:
> From:    "Andy Poland" <apoland at innovargroup.com>
>
> > #1 way to annoy a Recruiter.  Don't use a Word resume.
>
> Annoy a recruiter.  Hmm.  Who will that inconvenience?
>
> I've been called by recruiters many a time.  Invariably they have me take
> time off to go on an "interview" at their office, where I am asked
> superficial questions that don't really mean anything.  I then get a weekly
> call asking if I am interested in a job that has little or nothing to do
> with my skills, qualifications or experiences.  Finally I just stop taking
> their calls and hope they go away.
>
> Here's a thought...instead of recruiter horror stories, does anyone have a
> *success* story?  Has anyone actually gotten a job via a recruiter?
>
> --chris

I have. I ran a successful consulting business via leads I found through
recruiters.

I get tons of spam from other recruiters, but if you find a good firm
that is trying to have a good relationship with the hiring firms, then
you can have great luck with recruiters.

David W. Harks <dave at psys.org>