[UFO Chicago] The recruiter replies... and he's PISSED (was [Fwd: RE: [UFO Chicago] Job Opportunity: Sun Solaris System Engineer needed in Schaumburg, IL])

Christopher D. Heer cheer at dls.net
Thu Mar 23 06:20:13 PST 2006

From:    "Andy Poland" <apoland at innovargroup.com>

> #1 way to annoy a Recruiter.  Don't use a Word resume.

Annoy a recruiter.  Hmm.  Who will that inconvenience?

I've been called by recruiters many a time.  Invariably they have me take
time off to go on an "interview" at their office, where I am asked
superficial questions that don't really mean anything.  I then get a weekly
call asking if I am interested in a job that has little or nothing to do
with my skills, qualifications or experiences.  Finally I just stop taking
their calls and hope they go away.

Here's a thought...instead of recruiter horror stories, does anyone have a
*success* story?  Has anyone actually gotten a job via a recruiter?

--chris