[UFO Chicago] [OT] Anybody using OPT-E-MAN?!?

Netfortius netfortius at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 18:51:58 PDT 2006

Sorry for the off-topic question, but this is the only list that I know of, in
the area, with people with all sorts of expertise (not the least of which is
networking). I am contemplating replacement of multiple T1 connections, in a
hub-and-spoke setup, between a client HQ and a couple of subsidiaries, all in
IL, with the AT&T/SBC's OPT-E-MAN service. The point-to-point T1s they are
using now are not scalable anymore, but they are nice for allowing QoS
control, and load-balancing and redundancy ... I was wondering if anyone on
this list has/had experience with this Eth-MAN service, and is willing to
share some opinions and pros/cons.

TIA,
Stefan