[UFO Chicago] UFO still seeking new home

Jordan Bettis jordanb at hafd.org
Wed Mar 9 09:10:14 CST 2005

Neil R. Ormos said:
> Brian Sobolak wrote:
>
>> So the plan, per the last meeting, for this
>> Thursday was to try the Golden Nugget at Kostner
>> and Irving Park (4200 W, 4000 N.).
>
>> I propose an alternative: Rockwell's
>> Neighborhood Grill.  It's 2 blocks south of
>> Lawerence and 2 blocks west of Western.  The
>> Rockwell brown line stop as well as the
>> respective buses are nearby.  They have good
>> food, plentiful street parking, beer, and
>> ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING.  I've seen lots of
>> children there, so if you're not 21 you can
>> easily get in.
>
>> http://www.rockwellsgrill.com/
>> <http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/search/44722,0,1277580.venue
>
> It looks a little more expensive than the places
> we have been considering.  The entrees are at
> least $10 and the sandwiches are about $8.
> Victorias and Lincoln are each a couple bucks
> less, as long as you aren't tempted by a big hunk
> of chocolate cake.  I'd like to try the Nugget
> first and see if that's acceptable.  Since I have
> to drive anyway, I'm more interested in coffee
> than beer.
>
> --neil
>
> P.S.  Brian: I didn't mean to ignore your earlier
> suggestion of this place; I thought I had sent the
> reply, but it's been sitting un-noticed in my
> outbox for a few days.  Sorry.

Hrmm. Brian, I didn't realize how expensive that was
when you told me about it. I'm going to have to vote
with Neal for the GN. 8-10 dollars for an entre is
really pushing the upper limit. I'm used to not
spending more than $10 total on a UFO meeting.

--
Jordan Bettis -- Chicago Il.
  <http://neighborhoods.chicago.il.us>