[UFO Chicago] UFO still seeking new home

Neil R. Ormos ormos at ripco.com
Tue Mar 8 13:31:01 CST 2005

Brian Sobolak wrote:

> So the plan, per the last meeting, for this
> Thursday was to try the Golden Nugget at Kostner
> and Irving Park (4200 W, 4000 N.).

> I propose an alternative: Rockwell's
> Neighborhood Grill.  It's 2 blocks south of
> Lawerence and 2 blocks west of Western.  The
> Rockwell brown line stop as well as the
> respective buses are nearby.  They have good
> food, plentiful street parking, beer, and
> ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING.  I've seen lots of
> children there, so if you're not 21 you can
> easily get in.

> http://www.rockwellsgrill.com/
> <http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/search/44722,0,1277580.venue

It looks a little more expensive than the places
we have been considering.  The entrees are at
least $10 and the sandwiches are about $8.
Victorias and Lincoln are each a couple bucks
less, as long as you aren't tempted by a big hunk
of chocolate cake.  I'd like to try the Nugget
first and see if that's acceptable.  Since I have
to drive anyway, I'm more interested in coffee
than beer.

--neil

P.S.  Brian: I didn't mean to ignore your earlier
suggestion of this place; I thought I had sent the
reply, but it's been sitting un-noticed in my
outbox for a few days.  Sorry.