[UFO Chicago] Cell phones

Jesse Becker jesse_becker at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 20 17:18:12 CDT 2005

--- Brian Sobolak <brian at planetshwoop.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Jesse Becker wrote:
>
> > Anyone have any comments on coverage, customer service,
> > plans, prices, etc for cell phones?  I'm looking at
> finally
> > getting one of my own in the next couple of weeks.
>
> What are you synching with Linux?

Mostly phone numbers.  I hate T9 input, and don't want to
type them all in again.

(www.workingassets.com)
> and at least some of their corporate stuff goes to causes

> I like.

I've resisted getting a phone for many years.  I've lately
found that not having a phone is becoming more of a hassle
than lugging one around.  Especially since I don't plan on
having it on all the time...(it's primarily  *me* to call
*you*, not the other way around).

I've heard of Working Assets, and will take a look.

> As for the browsing, I've never found that usable short
> of getting a
> blackberry or some such.  Google SMS however, if **very**
> handy if you're
> lost and need a phone number though.

I really don't need much in that regard.  But it is damn
useful to pull down bits of information occasionally.
Flights, Server status pages (I've got one that generates
WAP pages), if there's way to get google maps, that'd rock.

Thanks,

Jesse Becker
GPG-fingerprint:  BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2