[UFO Chicago] Cell phones

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Sat Aug 20 16:36:00 CDT 2005

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005, Jesse Becker wrote:

> Anyone have any comments on coverage, customer service,
> plans, prices, etc for cell phones?  I'm looking at finally
> getting one of my own in the next couple of weeks.

What are you synching with Linux?

I hate them all.  I've had Sprint, AT&T, Cingular, and reseller Sprint,
and I find the phone to be burden.  If you feel like supporting liberal
causes, I've gotten decent service from Working Assets
(www.workingassets.com) and at least some of their corporate stuff goes to
causes I like.

As for the browsing, I've never found that usable short of getting a
blackberry or some such.  Google SMS however, if **very** handy if you're
lost and need a phone number though.