[UFO Chicago] Chicago Python Users Group Meeting, September 9

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Sep 8 17:57:17 CDT 2004

Here I go, trying to lure people away from UFO again.  Though I wasn't
successful last month.  This time is it up north.

The Chicago Python User Group, ChiPy, will have its next meeting on
Thursday, September 9, starting at 7pm.  For more information on ChiPy
see http://chipy.org

Skip Montanaro will be giving a presentation on SpamBayes
(spambayes.sf.net), a spam filtering tool (written in Python, of
course).  He'll describe how the software works, some of the techniques
used to filter spam.  In addition his involvement in SpamBayes, Skip is
also one of the core maintainers of the Python interpreter.

There will also be time to chat, and many opportunities to ask
questions.  We encourage people at all levels to attend.

Location
--------

This month we will be meeting in North Chicago, at Imaginary Landscape:
5121 N. Ravenswood.  It's close to the Ravenswood stop on the North
Short Metra line, and a modest hike from the CTA brown line (Damen stop)
and red line (Argyle stop).  Parking is available out front.  There will
be wireless connectivity.

About ChiPy