[UFO Chicago] Re: Geminid meteor showers Monday night

Neil R. Ormos ormos at ripco.com
Mon Dec 13 15:43:10 CST 2004

Jordan Bettis wrote:
> Neil R. Ormos said:
>> Jordan Bettis wrote:

> >> When Nate was here we did a camping trip out to
> >> the state park near Zion IL on the Metra. It was
> >> a great time. I'd be up to doing something like
> >> that again.

> > It's a little cold to go camping, but it might be
> > nice to find a place with minimal light pollution,
> > hopefully with warth and coffee nearby.

> What about near the Cumberland station on the Blue Line?
> It's outside the city grid so there'll be much less light,
> and there's a convenience store in it although I don't
> know if it's open 24 hours.

> Do you know any dark spots in the 'burbs easy for city folk
> to get to that have Dunken Donuts nearby or something?

I'd be up for that.  It's pretty well lit there, so you're
not excaping much light pollution, but coffee, etc.,
are available nearby.

I was hoping Jesse would suggest someplace in Evanston
without a lot of light pollution.

Have you checked the astronomy club and planetarium web
sites?  I would, but I have a project I need to finish.

--neil