[UFO Chicago] Re: Geminid meteor showers Monday night

Jordan Bettis jordanb at hafd.org
Mon Dec 13 14:42:36 CST 2004

Neil R. Ormos said:
> Jordan Bettis wrote:
>> Neil R. Ormos said:

>>> Any interest in a special UFO meteor shower
>>> meeting?  Too bad the light pollution is so bad
>>> at 3224 W. Foster.
>
>> When Nate was here we did a camping trip out to
>> the state park near Zion IL on the Metra. It was
>> a great time. I'd be up to doing something like
>> that again.
>
> It's a little cold to go camping, but it might be
> nice to find a place with minimal light pollution,
> hopefully with warth and coffee nearby.

What about near the Cumberland station on the Blue Line?
It's outside the city grid so there'll be much less light,
and there's a convenience store in it although I don't
know if it's open 24 hours.

Do you know any dark spots in the 'burbs easy for city folk
to get to that have Dunken Donuts nearby or something?

--
Jordan Bettis -- Chicago Il.
  <http://neighborhoods.chicago.il.us>