[UFO Chicago] debian woody on an imac rev. b -- success!

Rob Latham rob@terizla.org
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 11:46:17 -0600

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 01:34:13PM -0600, Peter A. Peterson II wrote:

> The best info I found was by intentionally searching mailing lists by
> searching for 'debian powerpc imac xf86config-4' rather than just
> searching for 'imac linux xf86config-4' or something like that.

When i put linux (debian) on my powerbook a year and a half ago (wow. never
thought i'd still be this happy with a laptop after 18 months) i found
great help from the debian-powerpc and linux-ppc mailing lists.

I was lucky that Ben Herrenschmid (i've butchered the spelling but
he's one of the main developers of the powerpc port of linux) *also*
had the same laptop as me, and so i made sure to read his posts
closely :>

anyway, yeah, the install proces is just different enough that one
more HOWTO sure can't hurt.   Pedro, have you let the debian-powerpc
list know about your work?   You'll probably get flamed by branden
robinson, but he flames everyone, so just ignore him :>

==rob

--
Rob Latham                                        Woodridge, IL USA