[UFO Chicago] debian woody on an imac rev. b -- success! (fwd)

presence kkanno@users.symmetric.net
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:23:11 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Nick Moffitt wrote:

> begin  Crow Leader  quotation:
> > > 6. Freedom. As much as I respect OS/X for what it is, it is not
> > > sufficiently free for my tastes.
> >
> > It's an OS, remember abstraction between software and hardware. What
> > is the problem with it's "freeness?"
>
> 	The copyright holders only allow you to use it under a very
> restrictive set of circumstances.  You aren't allowed to share or
> modify or inspect much of it.  It's a big problem, and it's the sort
> of thing that ultimately left the OS/2 users out in the cold.

So tell me, what additional uses do you have for an OS? Do you prop up
furniture with it? Do you eat it for dinner? Do you remove stains
with it?

Please elaborate as to what else you can do with an OS but run it.

KEN