[UFO Chicago] debian woody on an imac rev. b -- success!

Nate Riffe inkblot@movealong.org
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:20:34 -0600

Just now Rory O'Connor made 15 LEDs in my apartment flash with this:
> at some level, flames can be quite entertaining.  but then again,
> this isn't 1994.  it's just not cool.  One of the things that
> bothers me about this list is how nasty people get, especially
> lately.  i really can't understand why.  i mean, would you really
> say these things to each other in person at a UFO meeting?
>
> seems to me that this list should be sort of an extension of the
> meetings. which, quoting the UFO homepage, "The atmosphere is casual
> and friendly".  One would hardly get that notion from reading this
> list.  Quite frankly if I hadn't actually BEEN to a UFO meeting and
> only read the list, I would be scared to come.

To my knowledge, Crow Leader has never been to a meeting, and frankly,
if he ever does show up, I'm going to dump a whole bottle of ketchup
on his head.

Based on his flames, I'd guess that he's a BSD user, although I can't
recall him ever explicitly saying so.  I think that he mistakenly
believes that there is some sort of war between BSD and GNU/Linux
being fought on mailing lists like this around the world.  Given that
most of the people on this list use Linux, and furthermore, Debian
GNU/Linux, he's seems to have entered an infinite mental loop of
trolling to promote BSD.

Crow Leader: There is no war.  Get over it or get out.

-Nate

--
--< ((\))< >----< inkblot@movealong.org >----< http://www.movealong.org/ >--
American currency is neither red, white, nor blue.