[UFO Chicago] Linux friendly wireless access point

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:21:04 -0700

begin  Nate Riffe  quotation:
> The Linksys WAP11 and BEFW11S4 are both web administered and make no
> assumptions about operating systems.  I've heard that the Netgear
> and SMC access points all use the same components as the Linksys
> gear and are fitted with similar administrative interfaces.  I do
> not know of any telnet or serial controlled APs except perhaps a
> Cisco.

The WAP11 is SNMP administered, or at least it was a year or so ago
when I got mine!

	We use the Netgear at home, which does NAT and all that good
stuff configurable through a web innurface.

--
A: No.