[UFO Chicago] Network fileshares

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
21 Nov 2002 03:23:38 -0600

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 18:58, Rory O'Connor wrote:
> i read about LUFS (http://lufs.sourceforge.net/lufs/) in a recent
> linux magazine issue.  Installed it the other day and haven't had much
> time to mess with it.  But it did let me mount a remote directory
> locally via SSH which I thought was pretty neeto. Apparantly it can
> mount via ftp too, though I don't know why anyone would ever want to
> do that.

Yes, that is just what I wanted!  It's like Tramp in the filesystem.
Installation went pretty easily, and performance is pretty decent.  It
doesn't seem to deal with group ownership very well, which is a real
shame (everything that's not owned by you is owned by "bin", and group
ownership is pretty much ignored).  But I can work around that.  This is
like the HURD filesystem ideas, only on Linux.  I'm psyched.

  Ian