[UFO Chicago] UUCP

Nate Riffe inkblot@movealong.org
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 11:13:26 -0600

Mostly as an academic exercise, I've set up UUCP on
goose.movealong.org and made it the mail exchanger for
sausage.movealong.org, my laptop.  sausage then polls goose with UUCP
over ssh.  It works great, not that I have any real use for it other
than as a mechanism for getting sausage's logcheck messages, cron job
error reports, and other administrivia off of sausage and into "the
real world".

However, now that I'm drunk on the honey of UUCP I might be convinced
to make arrangements for goose to be the upstream mail exchanger for
your domain if you happen to be trapped in modem land or
blocked-port-25 land and have a burning desire to run your own mail
server.

-Nate

--
--< ((\))< >----< inkblot@movealong.org >----< http://www.movealong.org/ >--