[UFO Chicago] Some GPG help...

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
01 Nov 2002 23:44:15 -0600

I was wondering if any of you GPGophiles might be able to help me with a
little problem I'm having.  I want to mail this guy, and I got his key
(it's not on a keyserver, just a page on a website).  I've managed to
import it into my keyring, but when I try to send I get this error:

gpg: using secondary key F78F69C9 instead of primary key 9035B7A4
gpg: F78F69C9: There is no indication this key really belongs to the owner
gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: unusable public key

Any idea what's the problem?  Anything I can do, or barring that,
anything I can tell him to do?  I just don't want to send my email in
plaintext, I'm not super-concerned about security here.  If he was
faking who he was it wouldn't really matter, because I don't *really*
know who he is anyway.

  Ian