[UFO Chicago] Windows programming job

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
22 May 2002 13:33:35 -0500

This isn't Free Operating System related, but it's employment related,
and there seems like a bunch of people here who are thinking about that
sort of thing.  I know a guy who is looking for someone to do some
Windows programming (contract) automating Internet Explorer.  I don't
know if this is doable through COM, or if you need to do ActiveX.  He's
got a binary that does this, but it's very inefficient and without
source it's kind of a dead-end program.  At least that's my impression.
You'd be reimplementing this program, only doing it better (so you
should really know something about what you are doing, lest you just
recreate what he already has).

Anyway, if someone has experience with this sort of thing, it's a paying
job.  Contact me off list, or tomorrow at the meeting (I'll probably be
late).

  Ian