[UFO Chicago] PGP key exchange?

Adam Lazur adam@lazur.org
Mon, 20 May 2002 21:35:16 -0400

Ian Bicking (ianb@colorstudy.com) said:
> Any plans on doing a PGP key exchange this next meeting?  If so someone
> should post instructions on what we should prepare.
>
> Of course, no one's in charge of planning or instruction making, so
> rather it should be "Anyone want to exchange keys next meeting?  Anyone
> want to post instructions on how?"

I've used the following recipe for smallish key signings:

You print out your key id and fingerprint on some slips of paper. Then
you show your photo ID to the person who is going to sign your key and
give them the slip of paper with your fingerprint and id on it.

The signer goes home and does the following at their convenience: pulls
your key from the keyserver, verifies the fingerprint you gave them,
signs your key, and sends it back to the server.

If you have someone to coordinate the signing, you can all send them
your keys in email and they can print them up on one page, hand it out
to everybody, and they check them off when they verify the IDs. Maybe
the signing-party Debian package would be useful then.

Oh, and I won't be there... I'm just a southerner who wishes he lived
somewhere cooler (like chicago).

--
Adam Lazur, Cluster Monkey