[UFO Chicago] PGP key exchange?

Nate Riffe inkblot@movealong.org
Mon, 20 May 2002 21:38:49 -0500

Just now Ian Bicking made 15 LEDs in my apartment flash with this:
> Any plans on doing a PGP key exchange this next meeting?  If so someone
> should post instructions on what we should prepare.
>
> Of course, no one's in charge of planning or instruction making, so
> rather it should be "Anyone want to exchange keys next meeting?  Anyone
> want to post instructions on how?"
>
>   Ian

Sure, I'll participate in one.  First of all, make sure your key is
self-signed and published.  Mine is available on the
wwwkeys.us.pgp.net keyserver.  Secondly, bring a copy of your key's
fingerprint, a verifiable ID, some paper, and something to write with
to the meeting.

At the meeting: check each other participant's ID until you are
satisfied that each person is who they claim to be.  Once satisfied,
write down each of their key fingerprints and label each one with its
presenter's name.

At home: fetch the keys of all the people you've verified.  One by
one, compare the name and fingerprint of those keys to the name and
fingerprint you wrote down at the meeting.  If they match, sign the
key and upload your signature.

-Nate

--
--< ((\))< >----< inkblot@movealong.org >----< http://www.movealong.org/ >--