[UFO Chicago] what draws you here?

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:07:40 -0800

begin  Larry Garfield  quotation:
> Ah, OS/2.  Some really great ideas and some really stupid mistakes.
> :-) Still the second best GUI I've ever used (GeoWorks Ensemble
> being #1), and by far the best "task bar" type applet I've ever
> used.  (OS/2 Warp 4's WarpCenter.)

	Yep.  Object-oriented filesystem, baby!  Through the magic of
polymorphism and multiple inheriance, your document can be BOTH a word
processor document AND a Web page!

	haha.  I remember the way they implemented multiple desktops
as file folders complete with applications and suchforth.  They could
be swapped around or exited and stored to disk.  Kind of nice,
actually.  It would be fun to see something like that on X.

--
INFORMATION GLADLY GIVEN BUT SAFETY REQUIRES AVOIDING UNNECESSARY CONVERSATION
end