[UFO Chicago] what draws you here?

Larry Garfield lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 23:07:48 -0600

Nick Moffitt wrote:

> But the days of the BBS were limited, and the Internet was not ruled
> by DOS.  I had the choice, and I made the disastrous first step of
> going to OS/2.  I read the Unix Hater's Guidebook and sneered at Unix
> like a worn old Lisp Machine user.  But eventually through all that
> flaming of Unix, I realized that I had actually learned it better than
> I ever thought i had on Eskimo.

Ah, OS/2.  Some really great ideas and some really stupid mistakes. :-)
Still the second best GUI I've ever used (GeoWorks Ensemble being #1),
and by far the best "task bar" type applet I've ever used.  (OS/2 Warp
4's WarpCenter.)

--
Larry Garfield
lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu

Do you have a PalmOS Organizer?  Click here to add me to your address
book:
http://signature.coola.com/?lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu

-- "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you." :-)