[UFO Chicago] very newbie 'nix question

Nate Riffe inkblot@movealong.org
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:00:02 -0600

Quoting Adam Lazur:
> Nate Riffe (inkblot@movealong.org) said:
> > 2) How do I set the line wrap?  My lines are going all the way to the
> > edge of my xterm (probably about 140 chars +/- 15) in the editor.  I
> > have no idea how mutt normally does things.  Note: the editor in
> > question is nano, not vim.
>
> I slapped the following in my girlfriend's muttrc (she's a pine
> convert):
>
> set editor="nano +9 -r72 -t %s"
>
> check out the nano manpage to see what the options do, but I believe
> -r72 will do the wrapping at 72 columns.

Thanks, it works.  +9 == skip to line 9.  -r72 == wrap at 72 chars.  -t
== save without prompting on exit.

I think I'll drop the -t though.  I do a lot of false starts when I
email.

--
--< ((\))< >----< inkblot@movealong.org >----< http://www.movealong.org/ >--
"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really