[UFO Chicago] Important Chicago org missing from www.ufo.chicago.il.us

Fri, 2 Aug 2002 02:42:06 -0500

Quoting La Monte Henry Piggy Yarroll:
> I'm really quite pleased to learn about ufo!  I followed a link from
> an 802.11 directory site which claimed you folks ran a wireless
> freenet.

Well, they may have claimed that, but all we have done is planned and
talked a lot. Right now, it's not very feasible for us because of
geography and lack of fundage. But people do keep coming in and
bringing things up -- we almost got some serious interest from a
Chicago Alder(wo)man.

> While browsing your site, I discovered that you've omitted a
> significant Chicago organization from your links page--UniForum
> Chicago, www.uniforum.chi.il.us.  We're the sponsoring organization of
> the chicago.il.us (and chi.il.us) domains.  UniForum is an Open
> Systems group (business-speak for Unix).

Feep! Consider it fixed! I also added the Clout Project.

> Did you know that chi.il.us was the first subdomain of .US EVER
> delegated?  We've been active since 1988.

No, I didn't know that. But that's RAD!

> We meet the fourth Tuesday of every month, usually at the College of
> Dupage (COD) in Glen Ellyn.  This month, I'm the speaker.  I'll be
> talking about Extreme Programming.
>
> We also have a perl meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.

Neato. We really should put togehter a UFO outing to a UniForum
meeting.

Also, take note, everyone -- Defcon is happening right now -- is the
FBI going to arrest someone else and are we going to have to protest?
It's the one year anniversary (thereabouts) of Dmitry Sklyarov's
arrest and the Chicago protests/leafletting.

Anyway, It's time for me to hit the sack.

Piggy, Nice to have you aboard.

pedro

--
Peter A. Peterson II, technician and musician.
---=[ http://tastytronic.net/~pedro/ ]=---