[UFO Chicago] Important Chicago org missing from www.ufo.chicago.il.us

La Monte Henry Piggy Yarroll piggy@baqaqi.chi.il.us
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 00:58:54 -0500

I'm really quite pleased to learn about ufo!  I followed a link from
an 802.11 directory site which claimed you folks ran a wireless
freenet.

While browsing your site, I discovered that you've omitted a
significant Chicago organization from your links page--UniForum
Chicago, www.uniforum.chi.il.us.  We're the sponsoring organization of
the chicago.il.us (and chi.il.us) domains.  UniForum is an Open
Systems group (business-speak for Unix).

Did you know that chi.il.us was the first subdomain of .US EVER
delegated?  We've been active since 1988.

We meet the fourth Tuesday of every month, usually at the College of
Dupage (COD) in Glen Ellyn.  This month, I'm the speaker.  I'll be
talking about Extreme Programming.

We also have a perl meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.