[UFO Chicago] TNIUCNAG!

Larry Garfield lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 17:40:33 -0500

Ian Bicking wrote:

> Hi.  Seeing as this is pretty close to me, I thought I'd come for my
> first time.  How will I recognize the group?  Will you all have
> nametags?

No.

> Themed shirts and hats?

We wish. :-)

> Notable grooming habits?

No comment.

> Will you
> be performing gnostic rituals?

No, GNUstic rituals.

> Will I have to use a secret code word?

The password is "Torvalds".

> Will there be large banners?

Sadly, no.

> Flashing lights?

The police get upset if we try this.

> A giant inflatable
> monster truck perched over the table?

Hey, I like this one.  Pete, why don't we do this?

> Just thought I'd avoid that awkward, "hey, some of you have long hair
> and you're all male, are you UFO?" introduction.

That is probably the most effective method, in the long run. :-)

Seriously, though, Pete will probably have his laptop on him, which will
make him the only one in the room with a laptop.  If I get there before
you, I'm the red-head that everyone thinks looks like Bill Gates when I
really don't, and if you suggest that I do I will have to hurt you.  :-)

--
Larry Garfield
lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu

Do you have a PalmOS Organizer?  Click here to add me to your address
book:
http://signature.coola.com/?lgarfiel@students.depaul.edu

-- "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you." :-)