[UFO Chicago] TNIUCNAG!

Nate Riffe inkblot@geocities.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:41:11 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Ian Bicking wrote:

> Hi.  Seeing as this is pretty close to me, I thought I'd come for my
> first time.
> How will I recognize the group?

Intuition.

> Will you all have nametags?

No but we have pretenious sounding titles.  I am the Executive Director of
Universal Constants.

> Themed shirts and hats?

Only if "wearing them" is a theme.

> Notable grooming habits?

Hmm... it varies both from person to person and from week to week.

> Will you be performing gnostic rituals?

You never know what might happen at a UFO meeting.

> Will I have to use a secret code word?

The secret code word is "secret code word".

> Will there be large banners?

There will be one outside that says "George's".

> Flashing lights?

One time I brought an ethernet switch/router/WiFi bridge and it had some
blinkenlights on it.

> A giant inflatable monster truck perched over the table?

Refer to the answer regarding gnostic rituals.

> Just thought I'd avoid that awkward, "hey, some of you have long hair
> and you're all male, are you UFO?" introduction.

I'll be the one drinking milk.  The only one who _ever_ drinks milk.  It's
been so long since the last time anyone ordered milk at night at George's
that when I first ordered milk, Ana looked at me funny and said "What?!?
Milk?!?".  Just look for the guy who's drinking milk.

- -Nate