[UFO Chicago] Re: [LUNI] Softroad

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:33:41 -0500

Quoting Peter A. Peterson II:
> Just so we have an idea, how many people on this list live in the city
> proper and would be willing to sink some money into a wireless network?
> It should be a given that if you put money into it, you would get
> something out of it -- we're not asking of "investments".

For example, I am definitely willing to get equipment to hook up to such
a WAN, and I'm willing to sink some personal funds into a local
antenna/repeater in my neighborhood. I also can probably put an antenna
on a tall building (>2 storeys lets say).

For the record, I don't know WHEN i could commit that kind of cash --
but I'm WILLING to. (Just so those of you in a similar situation know
that you dont' have to have the cash here and now.)

I suppose another option is "C) I already have the capability to receive
802.11b.

pedro

<plug type="obligatory">
"I'm running Debian Stable, so I'm not sure if that made
life any easier for me."
</plug>