Fw: [UFO Chicago] Social Life

Jack Edwards edwardsj1@tastytronic.net
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 14:44:11 -0500

Quoting Mills Reece-RMILLS1:
> I like everything you guys are doing *except* the ousting of smokers.
> *Free* is freedom, it's valuing diversity, it's freedom of self expression,
> it's about inclusion not exclusion.  Plus I'm a colorful character, loads of
> sarcasm and satire, lots of fun to be around AND extremely modest and
> humble.  Don't start out excluding people because they exercise a *freedom*
> that you don't.  Next you'll be saying Southern Baptists aren't welcome
> because snakes give you the creeps?!?! ;-) (Easy Reverend, I was just
> kidding)

I'm a smoker as well, but I certainly don't have a problem moving to a
different area to have a quick smoke. Part of exercising your personal
freedom is doing it in a way that doesn't infringe on the freedoms of
others.
-jack

Jack D. Edwards:             edwardsj1@tastytronic.net
User of Free Software:      http://tastytronic.net/ufo