[UFO Chicago] dpkg --reconfigure

Nick Moffitt nick@zork.net
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 16:20:18 -0700

begin  Peter A. Peterson II quotation:
> > Luckily, debconf makes it easy to reconfigure any package that
> > uses it.  Say you want to reconfigure debconf itself. Just run, as
> > root:
> >
> >     dpkg-reconfigure --priority=medium debconf

	For packages that don't use debconf, you just run
"sudo dpkg-reconfigure <packagename>"

	(I use sudo rather than an 'su -' session for all my rooty
needs, and YOU SHOULD TOO!  Just apt-get install sudo and run
"visudo".  Copy the entry for root to the next line and put your
username in.  sudo fever!)

--
You are not entitled to your opinions.

	01234567 <- The amazing* indent-o-meter!