[sklyarov-chicago] 1 Month Protest

Ben Brockert ben@mepotelco.net
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 01:00:45 -0500

Greetings,

Wouldn't the one month anniversary of the arrest be a good date to have the next protest?

http://www.freesklyarov.org says that he was arrested July 17th. http://www.tabinda.com/freedmitry/free_dmitry_flyer_20010729.html says July 16th as does your press release. Either way, August 16th/17th is in the timeframe of 'the week of the 13th' and is on Thursday/Friday so you'd catch more Chicago workers than tourists.

I think the one month anniversary is important because I think it's easier for people to sympathise with 'held for a month' than 'held for n days'.

I'm about to start bouncing ideas off Iowa LUG/FUG people to see if I can get one going in Des Moines on one of those dates. If not, I'll be at the next Chicago one, if the DoJ doesn't solve their rectocranial inversion by then.

Ben