[sklyarov-chicago] from Adobe

Thu, 26 Jul 2001 02:13:44 -0500

Quoting Michael Cannon:
> EFF has collected money in Dmitry's name for his 'defense' and HE HAS
> A PUBLIC DEFENDER.

Is there a URL to somewhere that they have collected money 'in his
name'? I'm curious. They've definitely taken the opportunity to ask
people to donate -- but have they asked for money in his name and for
his defense? I imagine that at times like this, they have a lot more
expenditures than when "nothing is happening".

> The EFF has not released a word.

What do you mean? I believe they released a statement regarding their
talks with Adobe, as well as a statement about future talks with the
DoJ. Additionally, I've been in contact with Will Doherty and Stanton
McCandlish *every day* since we started this process.

In both cases, they have respectfully pulled out of protest
organizations at the bequest of the parties they are attempting to
negotiate with. I think that's called "good faith".

What would you have them do?

pedro