[UFO Chicago] Greylisting

James L Mazurek james at mazurek.chicago.il.us
Sun Jul 14 22:59:26 CDT 2024

Jay,

I can confirm there is a SpamAasassin filter in play; I receive some of
the reports when junk hits the info@ general contact email addresses. I
would not be surprised if greylisting and RBLs are in effect as well.

Pedro is still the UFO-Chicago site and list owner/maintainer. He has
claimed to have provided Neil and Brian credentials for the site and email
list at some point but I doubt those credentials are active at this point.

Pedro did add my email address to the mailman admin list but I don't
actually have login credentials and the last time I attempted
password recovery the mailman list failed to provide them to me.

You may need to contact Pedro if you want your new IP to be whitelisted.
Otherwise, you may have to suffer the filtering until it figures out your
messaging and IP address.

Also, you might try accessing the UFO-Chicago mailing list preferences for
your registered email address from your new IP; perhaps it may play nicer
with it?
http://ufo.chicago.il.us/cgi-bin/mailman/options/ufo

Jim