[UFO Chicago] Power Corrupts, PowerPoint Corrupts Absolutely

Jay F. Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Fri May 27 13:20:02 PDT 2016

Fellow Nerds,

I have to write a 2-day on-line R Programming class using PowerPoint.
Since we are users of free operating systems, we do not have
PowerPoint, which is the reason why I had to spend 2 weeks building
LibreOffice (the subject of my previous posting), now you know why I
needed it.  So, I now have a functioning LibreOffice.  My customer has
also sent me their PowerPoint "templates".  I think this means that my
slides (why do they still call them "slides"?  Is there anyone younger
than I who even knows what that means?) have to look like theirs.
These "templates", despite the plural noun, were conveyed to me in the
form of a single .ppt file.  I have no idea how to use LibreOffice to
create PowerPoint slides.  Is the entire course a single .ppt file?
Is every slide a separate .ppt file?  If so, why were the "templates"
a single .ppt file?  And, most important, how do I use LibreOffice and
my client's templates to create this on-line course?  Please assume
that I know nothing, absolutely nothing, about PowerPoint, because I
am a user of free operating systems and I know nothing, absolutely
nothing, about PowerPoint.  Thank you in advance for any and all
replies.

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"