[UFO Chicago] Repositories For SLES

Jay F. Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Sun May 15 14:05:24 PDT 2016

Centuries ago, Nostradamus predicted that Matthew T. Gibbs would write on Sun May 15 14:50:48 2016:

> I'd like to point out though that openSUSE's BuildService does offer
> some (unofficial) packages for SLES including Libreoffice.  See
> here:
>
> <http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/LibreOffice:/5.1/>
>
> Also, you can sign up for a free BuildService account and build
> stuff there in a clean environment against several different SUSE
> and non-SUSE distributions and it'll make a repository for you for
> easy installation.

Tell me more.  I know that, in general, you cannot use OpenSuse
repositories for SLES, it is like using Fedora repositories for RHEL.
Is there something I can put into /etc/zypp that will enable me to
type "zypper install X" for various values of X?  And are there simple
instructions somewhere telling me how to do that?  Thank you in
advance for your reply.

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"