[UFO Chicago] At Least Knuth Still Lives

Jay F. Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Mon Feb 1 03:43:46 PST 2016

Centuries ago, Nostradamus predicted that Neil R. Ormos would write on Tue Jan 26 14:05:41 2016:

> In case you missed this this in the hubbub of other news:
>
> Marvin Minsky, Pioneer in Artificial Intelligence, Dies at 88
>
>  <http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/26/business/marvin-minsky-pioneer-in-artificial-intelligence-dies-at-88.html>
>
> --Neil Ormos

I am greatly saddened to hear this; it means that the founding
generation is dying off.

  "we that are young
   Shall never see so much, nor live so long."

But what truly surprises me is that there has been no discussion in
this forum of the death of a much younger man, Ian Murdock.  It is now
more than a month since he died, and still there is no word on the
cause of death.  First he Tweeted that he would commit suicide; then
he Tweeted that he would not; then his Twitter account was taken
down.  And now, more than a month later, still no report by the
authorities.  What is going on?

                        Jay F. Shachter
                        6424 N Whipple St
                        Chicago IL  60645-4111
                                (1-773)7613784   landline
                                (1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                                jay at m5.chicago.il.us
                                http://m5.chicago.il.us

                        "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur"