[UFO Chicago] more oldies but goodies

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Wed Jan 7 06:04:43 PST 2015

hello ufo --

Once again, I wanted to recognize some of the stuff I've learned from
attending the meetings.

As part of my new year's resolutions, I've been working on a writing
toolchain that is dramatically simplified over my old setup.  I also
wanted it to be fairly simple and transferrable -- wouldn't be incredibly
customized to a particular computer in case I had to move around.

I've settled on three cool tools that I learned from ufo:
 - nano, because it only has like 8 commands
 - rsync, for backups
 - docbook (thanks Jim!) for writing in text and then deciding later which
format I want to push it into.

I'll add svn probably later, but it's not terribly important.

2015 is off to a good start already.