[UFO Chicago] O'Reilly & Associates On-Line Code Examples

Neil R. Ormos ormos at ripco.com
Tue May 7 18:34:25 PDT 2013

Jay F Shachter wrote:

> In less than two weeks, I shall be teaching an
> Advanced PHP class in which I shall be using two
> O'Reilly books as my textbooks (Programming PHP,
> by Tatroe et al., of which the 3rd edition just
> came out a couple months ago, and the PHP
> Cookbook, by Sklar & Trachtenberg, several years
> old but I couldn't find anything better).  One
> of the reasons I chose to use O'Reilly textbooks
> is that I remember that they always made all of
> their code samples available on-line for free
> download.

> Has O'Reilly & Associates changed their "free
> download" policy?  I do not see a URL in either
> the front pages or end pages of either of these
> books from which I can download code snippets.
> Do any of my fellow nerds reading this mailing
> list know where I can download the code samples
> for these two books?  I thank you in advance for
> any and all replies.

Are these URLs what you're looking for?

  <http://examples.oreilly.com/0636920012443/Programming_PHP_example_code.zip>

  <http://examples.oreilly.com/9780596101015/phpckbk2-examples.zip>

If so, I found them by looking up each book on
O'Reilly's web site, and then consulting the
Essential Links pane on the right-hand-side of the
page, where there was a "Download Example Code"
link listed.

Best regards,

--Neil Ormos