[UFO Chicago] Meeting Followup: LibreOffice Accelerates Open Source Spreadsheets, Thanks to AMD (fwd)

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Tue Aug 13 19:12:10 PDT 2013

On Tue, August 13, 2013 3:29 pm, Neil Ormos H wrote:
> Apropos of our discussion at the last meeting, in
> which one faction argued that people (mis-)use
> spreadsheet software for applications that should
> be implemented using other tools, here's a report
> of an effort to ensure LibreOffice Calc is at
> least as mis-useable as Microsoft's Excel. :-)

Does anyone use LibreOffice?  I'm not being cynical; I know it ships with
many copies of Linux and such.  But has it been adopted by any businesses,
specialty areas, academics, etc.?

(For example, I know WordPerfect was longstanding standard in legal
documents and it took it much longer to move to Word than many other
businesses.)