[UFO Chicago] Tomato Firmware

Jay F Shachter jay at m5.chicago.il.us
Thu Jul 5 20:55:19 PDT 2012

Centuries ago, Nostradamus predicted that Greg Neumarke would write on Thu Jul  5 22:37:48 2012:

> I'm running Tomato firmware on my Linksys router and it allows me to
> use that SSID without complaint.  However, it doesn't show up on my
> Android phone (apparently Android won't see SSIDs with those fancy
> characters)
>
> http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

Alas, http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato recites in pertinent part that:

  This will not work on Linksys WRT54G/GS v5 or newer WRT54G/GS routers.

and my Linksys WRT54GS is v6.  It is not a new device, far from it,
and yet it is too new for tomato.

But surely there must be something out there that will enable this
ancient router to do what other even more ancient routers can do so
easily.

	Jay F. Shachter
	6424 North Whipple Street
	Chicago IL  60645-4111
		(1-773)7613784   landline
		(1-410)9964737   GoogleVoice
                http://m5.chicago.il.us
		jay at m5.chicago.il.us

	"But when she traced the killer's IP address ... it was in the 192.168/16 block!"