[UFO Chicago] follow-up R question, Yale open coursework

Brian Sobolak brian at planetshwoop.com
Mon Jan 11 20:18:37 PST 2010

hi all --

A few meeting follow-ups....

1.  Neil -- Did you have a specific R book in mind when you recommended
additional R information, or were you describing the pattern of charging
for quality documentation for free software (ala ImageMagick)

2.  The Yale open courses class I mentioned is located here:

http://oyc.yale.edu/

I'm currently listening to the one by Robert Schiller on Finance, and will
likely listen to others as well as time permits.

3.  I hadn't installed cygwin in a long time, and have been pleasantly
surprised by some of the improvements made to X since the last time I used
it.  I'm currently writing this from a reasonably decent WM X session, and
haven't had a chance to cycle through some of the other window managers
yet.  But it's an actual desktop, which is reasonable as compared with my
previous experiences.  (It might have been like this for awhile, but it's
new to me and I'm pleasantly surprised.)