[UFO Chicago] UFO Chicago This Thursday -- Other Free Operating Systems

Jordan Bettis jordanb at hafd.org
Tue Mar 24 21:39:44 PDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 09:53:30PM -0600, Jay F Shachter wrote:
> It's been only how many years since the TLI standard came out in
> System 5 Release 3?  Twenty-three?

I completely agree.

What's more. Linux's support for such venerable standards as X.400,
NeWS, FTAM, and DAP is woefully lacking.

I mean, how on earth are people supposed to learn GUI programming on a
system that doesn't support NeWS? Until Linux adopts support for such
essential standards I can't see how it will ever become relevant.

--
Jordan Bettis -- Chicago Il.