[UFO Chicago] Linux netbooks recommendation

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Mon Jul 27 03:01:38 PDT 2009

Jordan Bettis:
> I played with one of the first eeepcs a bit. The biggest problem was
> the keyboard not being standard size. It made it a horrible pain to
> type on. I don't know if you could get used to that or not.

Everyone I know who has an EEEPC gives up after a couple weeks and just
types with their thumbs as though it were an oversized blackberry.

> I'd recommend getting a refurbished 'utra-portable' laptop, like the
> Thinkpad X-series.

I am in a state of ecstasy over my new X200s.  Bliss!  Not as disposable
as a netbook, but far more comfortable for everyday use.

--
You are not entitled to your opinions.               Nick Moffitt
                                                    nick at zork.net